Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1CkMi0o5B

February 07, 2011

ATX Weekend

I went down to Austin on Thursday for Holley's birthday. I was planning on going down Thursday after work but because of the weather, I had to take the day off and head out early. Thank goodness I did because it started snowing and the roads iced over about 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. Right about the time I would've made it to longhorn land. \m/

Holley and I had a really fun seeester day on Thursday (and most of Friday, too). We shopped the malls on Thursday and made our usual Mandola's, Starbucks and Nordstrom e-bar runs. I treated Holley to lots of "prizes" for her birthday (on top of her two presents), and I had so much fun doing it! She'd sneak things in my bag, and I ended up buying two of most things instead of one! Oh well, what are sisters for, right? <3

Friday we made our ritual Trudy's brunch stop - Snowbear in tow. He'd never been. Crazy that he's been in ATX this long and has never experienced Trudy's brunch and migas. We corrected that. I guess we'll let him continue to call himself a longhorn. ;) He opted to skip out on shopping. I have no idea why. Holley and I slid/fishtailed/whatever (on ice) all the way to the Roundrock outlets. A little snow and ice can't keep us from the stores. No way. Makeup, sunglasses, workout gear, running shoes, heels, accessories, manicures, Starbucks ... you name it ... we got it. We can't remember when we've had so much fun. What a fun birthday week - for Holley and ME, TOO! Hee hee.

Friday afternoon our bestie arrived for the big ATX move-in. I rushed over to Mesa Verde to help her unload her car and Kem's into her new 3rd floor apt. I'm definitely counting the four flights of stairs (one-way) as exercise for the day. Friday night KK and I met up with Snowbear, Holley, Scott and the Denton crew (Joe, Kem, Mamo & Papo) for dinner at Carrabba's. Flying Saucer followed for Joe, Scott, KK and I. Fun times.

Saturday morning the moving madness really began. Movers got to the apt at 9:30. They were finished by 10:30ish. We unpacked and started decorating. Then the girls took a break to go shop for the necessary decor KK needed. We flew in and out of stores. I must say we made record time - even though Joe & Papo disagreed. We had dinner at Kona Grill in the Domain on Saturday night. It was delish. Then back to unpacking and decorating until about 2 a.m. Holley came to the rescue on KK's closet at about 10:30 p.m. It's all organized, color- and season-coded. What a girl. Holley and I had to make a 1 a.m. run to the gas station for water and "snacks" consisting of twizzlers, chocolate and gummies. We have a little of our mama in us - we admit. ;)

Sunday - coffee with the girls at KK's newly decorated apartment. Then I struck out for more decor shopping with KK. (OK, OK - we threw in a few extra "fun" shop stops, too.) We can't help ourselves. Met up with the Snowbear and H for froyo at the Triangle. Back home to Kingsville after that. It was the best weekend ever. I loved every second. I was so excited to see Jake and Purdy, though. I missed those two like crazy.

Here's a quick look at the almost-finished living room ...
XO & hook 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment